Saturday, February 20, 2010

Love This.....

Sometimes having good taste is just plain too expensive! I love perusing sites like Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, and CB2. The only problem with that is that I find AMAZING stuff that is outrageously priced! So one of my goals this year is to try and make my own version of my favorite finds, but on a budget that I can afford. Here are a few projects that I've been wanting to take a swing at. They're all wall art and from one of my favorite sites, Fawn&Forest. And since my hubby is gone until July, I have some extra time in the evenings to work on a few crafty projects once I put the girls to bed!

First, I want to hang one of these gorgeous alphabet wall hangings in our play room. It's from the Fawn&Forest site, which I absolutely adore:) I plan in using PhotoShop and some really beautiful digital elements when I try and re-create this baby. Let's just hope I can find what I'm looking for! Oh, and I can't decide which one I love more...pink&blue or orange&green? Tough one...


Next is this fab family tree, also at Fawn&Forest. Such a simple design. I LOVE how they incorporated all of those cute little pictures of each member of the family. Why didn't I think of doing this? Again, I'll probably give my CS2 a try, or I could even pull out my Cricut Expression. I could cut out a tree, leaves, picture frames, and any other decorative elements I want to add. Lots of ideas rolling around in my brain!

And last but certainly not least, this beauty you can find here. Also from Fawn&Forest. I'd love to see this one hanging right by my front door, or in each of the girls' rooms. Again my trusty CS2, or Cricut Expression will certainly come in handy! LOVE it!

I was so busy looking for other ideas today, that I didn't make it out to the craft store to buy the supplies for my hoop.de.do's that I mentioned in my last post. But that's okay. Things happen and people get distracted! And it's probably good that I didn't make a trip because I have officially become a fabric snob. Now that I've seen all of the beautiful patterns and designs that are available on the Internet, JoAnn's fabric just doesn't cut it anymore! I'll probably buy the fabric online and get the rest of the supplies locally. So, all of these projects are officially to be continued......

P.S. I'll be sure to post my creations once they're finished!!

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever looked online at IKEA? They have some very cool looking fabric, under textiles. Although I'm really into IKEA and the sort of BAUAUS look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Stephanie. I LOVE Ikea! I only wish it was closer, or that I all of their products could be shipped! Their fabrics are adorable, and you can't beat the prices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete